Corporate Social Responsibility
Our community responsibilities and environmental footprint are at the heart of our business.
We strive to act in a responsible manner both as a business and an employer. We proactively support our local community and North East based charities and seek to reduce our carbon footprint wherever we can. We are committed to continuing with this ethos as we grow.
In the Community
Fundraising to support children with Neuroblastoma
Group Director David and Accounts Assistant Louise have worked tirelessly fundraising for children affected by childhood cancer, Neuroblastoma. David and Louise have arranged events such as the well-known Autumn Ball, curry nights, and tombolas and oversee the delivery of 100’s of Santa letters every year to children who have been good boys and girls!
Free charitable advertising
We understand how difficult it is for charities to divert hard come by funds into advertising. We offer charities the opportunity of advertising for free in our Advertiser publications, which go out to 42,000 residential homes across 6 areas of the North East.
Northumbrian Cycling Club
Group Director Andrew and Team Valley Web Lead Software Developer Gavin, are keen cyclists and avid supporters of the Northumbrian Cycling Club. As well as being a member, Gavin is the Communications and Media Secretary on the committee looking after external communications.
We were delighted to create the branding and the website (thank you Shelley and Gavin!) ahead of the launch in 2019 and we remain one of the sponsors of shirts and club kit supporting the cycling club and its 100+ members.
We are constantly revisiting the ways we can reduce our environmental footprint. We:
- No longer use single-use plastics in our business – water is available from a cooler unit.
- Print only where necessary in our own office environment. We embrace the use of technology where possible.
- Recycle paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, cans, and toner and ink cartridges.
- Use recycled paper or FSC paper that has been harvested responsibly.
- Use energy-efficient lighting and turn off electrical equipment when not in use.
- Have reduced the non-essential journeys we make.